Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Ex Genesis et Introductio

   Welcome to the Ex Cathedrian, AKA The Echidna Ex Cathedra, but you can call us "Ex-Cat" for the sake of something catchy. Main Echidnian activities will continue at Echidna Media Organization S.N.A.I. Livejournal (Over the years we've forgotten what the SNAI stands for, but the whole thing spells out "emosnail" and thats what counts), but the plan is to repost our best entries here. If after reading all the blog-gold you find here you hunger for more, or your curious about the day to day adventures of our humble protagonist, Emosnail is the place to go.


   This blog follows in the footsteps of the Chosen Echidna (August 2001 -- September 2003) and Emosnail (January 2003 -- ...)


   Anyway, I am the author of this blog. My name is Kris Fricke, and I recently graduated from the University of California, Davis, with a degree in International Relations (emphasis on Peace & Security and Russia / Eastern Europe), and minors in Political Science, History, & Communications. I am currently taking a year off before law school.
   Throughout college I was involved in student government, spending a full four years as Chief Justice before being termed out. This was one of the most enjoyable experiences of my life, as a lot of complicated and seriously contended issues arose, and I was in a position to put a stop to a lot of ridiculous attempts at unethical governance -- which was rewarding despite the fact that its of course only student government.
   My past employment has invariably been in only positions with a high level of irony: I was a lifeguard for six years despite the fact that I really don't like swimming; I was a cook at IHOP though I really can't cook; and most recently a bee exterminator though I like bee a lot more than most people. Currently I am back at Bee Busters while I conduct the eternal search for a real job.

   Anyway, the "official" information page on me can be found here (though its currently out of date and in need of a major overhaul). On to the blogging!

No comments: